Wednesday, November 16, 2011

[Update] There are 3 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Simply Recipes

Here is the Simply Recipes update for jorgehumbertocoelho.cooking@blogger.com


There are 3 new posts in "Simply Recipes"

Giblet Gravy

Giblet Gravy

My love affair with giblets started probably around age 5. That's when my mom would cook the gizzard with her chicken soup, and then fish it out just for me. It was so chewy and good. I loved it. I would get the heart too, but it wasn't nearly as good as the gizzard. Later I graduated to the neck, which one simply could not eat quietly. No, to enjoy the neck one had to grip it with both hands, and slurp, chew, and suck. Now as an adult, when my mom cooks a chicken, she'll save the liver just for us to have sautéed in a little butter, for a snack. So in my opinion, giblet gravy, a gravy made with the choicest pieces of the bird, is the queen of gravies. So full of wonderful flavor from the giblets and drippings. You can make the gravy from giblets from either a turkey or a chicken, though I think it's more usual with a roast turkey. The giblets are bigger, and there's more meat to put in the gravy.

Continue reading "Giblet Gravy" »


 


Duchess Potatoes

Duchess Potatoes

Duchess potatoes. Welcome to old school, fancy schmancy mashed potatoes. So, tell me. Who is the duchess for whom these potatoes are named? Or is it just the pattern of browned ribbons and waves that are reminiscent of a frilly shirt or silly hat that gives these potatoes their name? Who knows. Duchess potatoes are a rather precious way of serving mashed potatoes; they've been piped in decorative swirls, usually formed into individual portions, painted with butter, and browned in the oven. They taste great. I think it has to do with the butter. And the cream. And the way that both the tops and bottoms get browned. They're actually rather addictive.

Continue reading "Duchess Potatoes" »


 


Sautéed Kale with Tahini Sauce

Sautéed Kale with Tahini Sauce

Oh my, this is a good one. I never would have thought to pair kale with tahini (thank you to my friend Peg for the suggestion), but it's great. Sort of reminiscent of a popular Japanese dish with spinach and sesame gomasio. The slightly bitter green kale does a happy dance with the acidic lemon and salty richness of the tahini sauce. Very easy to pull together. Would make an excellent addition to a Thanksgiving or holiday spread. Enjoy. (And as my dad says, eat your greens!)

Continue reading "Sautéed Kale with Tahini Sauce" »


 





Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment