Monday, November 21, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce plus 2 more

Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce plus 2 more


Cheesecake Stuffed Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 04:33 PM PST

Apple Cheesecake Muffins with Streusel Topping and Caramel Sauce

These days the farmers market is just packed with apples and every time I see them I think that it is past time for me to get down to using them in a recipe rather than just snacking on them. It has been far too long since I last made muffins and I was thinking that some apple muffins would be an excellent way to start the day! When I think about apple muffins I am imagining the harvest and the muffins have large chunks of tender apple and they are nice moist and and light brown in colour from the whole wheat flour and rolled oats along with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. To keep the muffins on the lighter side I use oil rather than butter and I replace a lot of the oil with vanilla yogurt and apple sauce which help keep the muffins moist and tender. It is a good thing that the muffins themselves are fairly healthy because what I do to them next is not at all diet friendly.

Read the recipe »


Top 10 Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 04:42 PM PST

Pumpkin Pie

Although the turkey is the star of the show, it is definitely the dessert that gets all the attention. I often like to go all out with the dessert and with falls harvest around there are plenty of options. My biggest problem is trying to decide which dessert to make as there are just too many amazing options. Despite the fact that I want to go all out on dessert I recognize the fact that the Thanksgiving meal is already a huge production and so I appreciate a dessert that can be made a day or two ahead of time.

On to the Top 10 Thanksgiving Main Course Recipes!
Read the recipe »


Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Mashed Potatoes

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 01:49 AM PST

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Mashed Potatoes

When I was thinking of side dishes for the big meal I couldn't help but think of mashed potatoes which are nice and easy and always a hit. One of the things that I like about mashed potatoes is that there are just so many different things that you can do with them and I am always experimenting with them. I have been wanting to try using roasted red peppers and now was the perfect time to try them out along with some feta and oregano. The sweet roasted red pepper and salty feta flavour combo is a particularly nice one that I enjoy using in many dishes and it works out really well in these mashed potatoes that are made nice and creamy with some thick Greek yogurt. Another great thing about mashed potatoes is that they can be done on the stove top and on a day when you are roasting your meat it is good to be able to keep your oven free of one more dish.

Read the recipe »


No comments:

Post a Comment